Virtual Council Meeting
Community Members are invited to watch and listen to all regular Council meetings.
The Zoom meeting room will open at approximately 5:45 p.m. with the meeting beginning shortly after. The length of each meeting will differ, depending on the agenda.
Note: You will be prompted to install the Zoom application or the browser plug-in if it’s your first time using the Zoom platform.
Virtual Council Meetings FAQ
- Who can attend virtual Council meetings?
- All Band members and Community members are welcome to attend regular Council meetings virtually.
- Will I be able to ask questions during the meeting?
- Community members are able to “view” the meeting only. If you want to speak or present at the meeting, you will need to submit a request to present at least 8 days before a meeting. You can do that at cheam.ca/meetings.
- Do I need a computer to view the meeting?
- You can access the Zoom meeting through a computer, tablet, smartphone or even by calling in with your phone. The links and details will be emailed to you with the meeting reminder.
- What if I can’t make it to a meeting?
- If you can’t make it to a regular meeting, you will be able to review the meeting minutes, which will be posted to the website following the adoption and execution of the minutes at the following Council meetings.
- Why can’t I attend “In-Camera” meetings?
- In-Camera meetings provide Council with space to discuss, in private, issues that fall under the Privacy Act. These items are sensitive matters and are limited to Council members and key staff only to adhere to privacy laws.