To ensure a clear separation between politics and administration, Chief & Council delegate management of the day-to-day procedural operations to the Executive Director.
The roles of the Executive Director includes, but not limited to:
- Develop, authorize and implement employment policies and administrative activities in accordance with Cheam First Nation's laws, bylaws, contracts and policy.
- Ensure all programs, services and projects are managed in accordance with all applicable laws, funding regulations and contractual requirements.
- To ensure all financial reports are completed in a timely manner as per compliance with funding agreements.
- Select, supervise and support employees to ensure they are fulfilling their job duties.
- Seek and secure sufficient resources for Cheam First Nation to finance its programs and services.