Cheam First Nation is seeking an enthusiastic individual who will be responsible for assisting in the development of our Land Use Plan. This position requires a broad skillset and the ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all Cheam First Nation departments, the community and outside organizations/agencies. Our ideal candidate should also bring a genuine interest in learning more about land use planning and a passion for improving our quality of life at Cheam First Nation.
- To learn about land use planning and the specific tasks associated with a Land Use Plan.
- Investigate and research relevant background information.
- Work alongside our consultants, as well as Chief and Council, throughout the duration of the project.
- Lead various meetings within the community to introduce the Land Use Plan.
- Maintain positive working relationship with staff and external organizations/agencies.
- Prepare basic information concerning the land use plan process and act as a resource person for departments, community members and Chief and Council on the Land Use Plan process, procedures and protocols.
- Develop memos, progress reports, briefing notes and general planning documents.
- To coordinate the review of draft reporting documents and presentation materials.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and ability to work as a team player to effectively interact with other departments and staff, elected officials, members and service providers.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Exceptional organization and time-management skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Highly motivated and ability to work in demanding and fast paced work environment.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office.
- Ability to conduct research.
The closing date for applications is Friday, August 25, 2017 at 4:30 pm.
Send resume and cover letter to Dionne Shaw, Executive Leadership Facilitator, by email to email@example.com or in-person at the Cheam Administration Building.
We look forward to reviewing your application. However, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.